Following are some basic rules that apply to the Site and that you agree to follow. If you violate any of the Site rules, or if we have reasonable grounds to so believe, we have the right to deny you access to the Site, to suspend or terminate your membership and to refuse to provide you with any future membership.
You agree not to use the Site to upload, store, post, email or otherwise transmit any: material that is inaccurate, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racist, bigoted or otherwise objectionable, material that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party, advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation, except where specifically permitted, or material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
Additionally, you agree NOT to:
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Site;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other users of the Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- try to gain access to areas that are private to The Standard administrators or to other The Standard users;
- violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or any regulation having the force of law;
- stalk or otherwise harass another;
- harm minors in any way, including, without limitation, to establish unlawful contact with minors (whether on or off the Site);
- collect or harvest screen names; collect or store personal data about other users of the Site; or solicit or attempt to discover a user's password, screen name, or other registration information without the user's express knowledge and consent;
- engage in or run raffles, lotteries, contests or sweepstakes;
- promote or provide instructions of information about how to engage in illegal conduct or commit illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury, or promote any illegal act; or
- store any information or use any Web page or directory you create for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another Web page, whether inside or outside the Site.
You acknowledge that we do not pre-screen material posted or transmitted on the Site, but that we and our designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to review and edit, delete or refuse to post any material submitted for display or placed on the Site, including but not limited to message board posts, profiles, and member-to-member messages. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our designees shall have the right to remove any material that violates this Agreement that we believe in good faith may create liability for us, or that we deem is otherwise objectionable.
You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve material and may disclose material if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce this Agreement;
- respond to claims that any material violates the right of third parties; or
- in our sole judgment, protect the rights, property, or personal safety of The Standard, its users and the public.