To be in a position to be able to testify to Gods love and his awesome power is nothing short of amazing.
There is so much bad press about faith, Christianity and where God's chosen people actually stand that its become a free for all with no one really knowing which way to turn.
I am so privileged and blessed to have experienced so many amazing things happen in my life that I know I am duty bound to write about it.
Read my testimony and decide for yourself...
Give God the Glory
We are told by God to share our testimonies with each other and by doing so, it has a number of affects.
- It proclaims Gods work in our lives
- It gives God the glory
- It helps existing and new believers see what God does/is doing
In August 2012 a contract I was working on came to a natural end. I had finished the work and was starting to think about the next job. I was contracting as a marketing consultant.
Pray with the Holy Spirit
This time I was prompted by the Holy Spirit to take a different approach. Instead of sending out CVs to Monster and all the other online recruitment sites, I was instructed, by The Holy Spirit to wrote up my perfect job in direct accordance with scripture called "petition" and was then told that I had to pray about it.
I then handed my petition to the men and women who attend our house group and said, "this is my new job and I'd like us all to pray for it out loud". There was a bit of a pause, they all looked at me and then one at another a little surprised and gradually said "oooookay!".
I was not vague about anything, I specified:
- the location (somewhere on the local underground line, so it was easy for me to get to work without a car)
- the job title and position
- the salary
- the responsibility
- the authority
- the ability to work from home
- the new company to have proper financing
- the opportunity to travel abroad
- that we would use all the latest Apple technology and software
- that I could employ my son to work with me
- that I wanted the new management to accept that I was a Christian and that there would be no hindrance about me sharing my faith in the workplace.
- The following day I was called by a recruitment consultant
- I attended two interviews the following week
- I was offered the job on the Friday
- I started work two weeks later and then flew off to Germany to do a presentation
- Whilst I was in Germany the Apple equipment was purchased ready to use when I got back
- The Directors were also Christian in both the UK & Germany
- Three weeks after I started my son came to work with me
- They all agreed with my marketing plan and implemented all the latest software
- Ten weeks after the marketing plan started, the company won a contract worth £3m
What else could I say except, praise God!
God Has a Plan for Us
He has a plan for all of us (Jeremiah 29:11). But we have to be obedient, even if it seems strange at first.
I watched a TV program of a preacher in the USA talking to a large group of youth leaders about understanding the will of God for their lives. He said there were four pointers that may help us to understand if we were being obedient to God and doing His will.
- If you would get agitated about a situation and felt compelled to do the work yourself.
- If you would work at something for free because you loved doing that particular job.
- If you felt that the work was like a hobby and not like work at all.
- If others felt you were a leader in a certain sphere or workplace.
If you felt some or all of the above, then probably that job is also the will of God for your life.
I know what His will is for me. I thank God every day for placing me at that company, Finpoint, and pray that we carry out His will to help others.
Join our weekly show. Click here to learn more.